Our #8,000 Milestone
We recently celebrated a milestone at Redniss & Mead, Project #8,000. This means that we have worked on at least 8,000 properties during our 58 year history! Our conference room was filled with stories and laughter as the more tenured team members reminisced with the newer members during a fun lunchtime pizza party.
Some company history:
Redniss & Mead, Inc. initially began in 1957 when Robert L. Redniss purchased the Harold A. Parsons Company, an engineering and surveying firm which got its start in 1893. In 1962, a merger with the L. Bromfield, Jr. Company secured records dating back to 1910 and Parsons, Bromfield & Redniss was formed. Bromfield’s first ledger entry documents both his $800 investment in his new company and the first survey account which he opened the same day. The ledger, along with an authentic collection of surveying and engineering instruments dating back to the early days of the company, are on display in our lobby. These treasured items remind us we are heirs to a professional tradition that has endured changing economic climates over several generations. Today, our comprehensive land use consulting firm consists of 7 partners and 31 team members. Our Professional Engineers, Land Surveyors, and Certified Planners collaborate with clients throughout Fairfield, New Haven and Westchester Counties.
We are looking forward to celebrating many more milestones like this in the future!